From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gmail smtp overwrites the sender
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:23:45
1 On 11 March 2012 13:49, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10 March 2012, at 20:56, András Csányi wrote:
4 >> … I would like to ask some help! I would like to use gmail smtp to send
5 >> my email from my domain which is sayusi.hu, and the email address is
6 >> sayusi.ando@××××××.hu. Unfortunately, gmail smtp always overwrite the
7 >> sender email address. …  Do you know any solution
8 >> for this?
9 >
10 > Use a different SMTP server.
11 >
12 > I don't believe there's any alternative.
13 >
14 > Have you considered Postfix?
15
16 What do you mean when you say Postfix? If I use postfix and google
17 smtp is the relay always happens the same. The sender will be
18 overwritten.
19 Thanks God, yahoo mail doesn't do this! Now, I use yahoo smtp.
20 Unfortunately I can't use yahoo smtp as relay with postfix because
21 there is an issue with STARTLS and a hack is needed. Yesterday I was
22 to tired to reconfigure the whole. Mutt is able to use remote smtp so
23 I can send emails.
26 - -
27 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
28 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
29 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell