From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Systemd and PyTimeChart
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:34:26
1 Hello
2
3 PyTimeChart is another wonderful tool that complements
4 Ftrace/trace-cmd/KernelShark. [1] The systemd supporters would be keenly
5 wise if they added pytimechart to Gentoo, so those (systemd) reticent to
6 change, can actually see just how wonderful systemd is Here in
7 slide (26) we see "intel" extolling systemd. If Intel thinks systemd
8 is wonderful, then it must be wonderful. (?) [2] as shown in the paper
9 "Elcell_tardy.pdf".
12 PyTimeChart is also wonderful in that it provides a graphical way to
13 spot problems quickly. Most major (linux) distros have both PyTimeChart
14 and Ftrace/trace-cmd/KernelShark. Together folks use PyTimeChart to
15 monitor and identify low-level or low-level-application-interaction
16 problems, and then use Ftrace/trace-cmd/KernelShark for fine grain
17 filtering, collection and analysis of those low-level-application-interaction
18 issues.
19
20 I have not opened a bug requesting PyTimeChart.
21
22 hth,
23 James
28 [1] https://pythonhosted.org/pytimechart/index.html
29
30 [2] elinux.org/images/6/63/Elce11_tardy.pdf