From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SanDisk MobileMate?
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 03:16:58
1 Hi List,
2
3 Sorry if this is a stupid question: I've never actually owned a
4 device using a MicroSD card--until now. I have for myself a Motorola
5 KRZR K1 phone, and I am thinking of buying a MicroSD card so I can
6 transfer music/pictures between the phone and my laptop. To do that,
7 I'll also need a card reader for the MicroSD card.
8
9 I'm considering the SanDisk MobileMate SD+ 5-in-1 reader, partly
10 because I've heard (through the grapevines) that it works under
11 Ubuntu and Suse pretty much just plug and play.
12
13 Does anyone have any experience with this device? Or any other card
14 readers? Caveats and suggestions about using card readers with
15 gentoo will be appreciated. Do devices like those need any kernel
16 voodoo to work, or do they just function as USB mass storage
17 devices?
18
19 Being completely clueless, any suggestion is welcome.
20
21 Thanks in advance,
22
23 Willie
24 --
25 Fred Lio tells me that chips are best fried with sea salt and vinegar.
26 Dang it! Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I've been smothering them
27 in sour cream & onion this whole time!
28 ~DP. Following thread on him blowing his display card
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 205 days, 1:27
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list