From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] colord failed to upgrade
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 04:14:58
1 On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:17:54 +0200
2 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 31 July 2014 16:19:21 CEST, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:03:09 -0400
6 > >Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> I can't comment on a long-term, real, proper solution, but for
9 > >> right now
10 > >>
11 > >> emerge --oneshot dev-perl/XML-Parser
12 > >>
13 > >> should at least allow you to continue building colord.
14 > >
15 > >It seems that it helped, but not the suggestions from
16 > > # perl-cleaner --all
17 > >output.
18 > >
19 > >Thank you.
20 >
21 > Did you run the commands and then rerun perlcleaner as the output
22 > mentions at the end of the text?
23
24 No. I did not run perl-cleaner just after those 2 suggested commands
25 because I had not noted that demand. So, my complaint that the
26 suggested "long-term" solution does not work may be incorrect.
27
28 However, I run perl-cleaner after
29
30 # emerge --oneshot dev-perl/XML-Parser
31 # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse --backtrack=60 --ask world
32 # emerge --depclean --ask
33
34 So, I hope that the problem was fixed.