From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: XFCE weather plugin does not work
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 08:08:17
1 On Sat, 18 October 2014, at 8:03 am, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > I have unpacked your patches to /etc/portage/patches as described here:
5 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches
6 > and then run # emerge xfce4-weather-plugin
7 >
8 > After restarting xfce4, the weather-plugin started to work. Thank you.
9 >
10 > Nevertheless, just
11 > # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse --backtrack=90 --ask world
12 > instead of # emerge xfce4-weather-plugin
13 > did not worked.
14
15 I think that's because the ebuild's version number didn't change.
16
17 Hence the package wasn't included when you told portage to run an update - when you told portage explicitly to install the latest xfce4-weather-plugin it found the patches.
18
19 Stroller.