From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen tearing with mpv but not mplayer
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 02:32:30
1 Behrouz Khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello everyone. Mpv has horizontal screen tearing(not very serious
4 > though) while playing video while
5 >
6 > mplayer does not. I have tried some configs which I found on the net
7 > but nothing removes this issue.
8 >
9 > Mpv docs even says that tearing problems are probably not related to
10 > software but driver and such, but
11 >
12 > it seems that this is mpv's problem. any idea about how to solve this
13 > issue? Thanks.
14
15 You could test different video output drivers and also hardware decoding.
16 If you use deinterlace you can also try to tune it's values.
17
18 This my mpv config file:
19
20 vo=vdpau:deint=-3,opengl-hq:scale=spline36,xv
21 hwdec=vdpau
22 audio-device='alsa/iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0'
23 audio-channels=auto
24
25 P.S.: Sorry for the many replies. I better should turn on my mind
26 before posting.
29 Regards
30 wabe