From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev. [SOLVED]
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 00:07:44
1 James Ausmus wrote:
4 > On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > James Ausmus wrote:
8 > > Good to hear! Out of curiosity, what's the mouse-related differences
9 > > between the two xorg.conf's?
12 > Well, I can't see any difference. Here is the old file:
13 >
14 > Section "InputDevice"
15 > Identifier "Mouse0"
16 > Driver "mouse"
17 > Option "Protocol" "auto"
18 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
19 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
20 > EndSection
21 >
22 > and the new file:
23 >
24 > Section "InputDevice"
25 > Identifier "Mouse0"
26 > Driver "mouse"
27 > Option "Protocol" "auto"
28 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
29 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
30 > EndSection
31 >
32 > I didn't emerge anything either. I logged out of KDE, went to a
33 > console, ran xorgcfg then restarted X. When I logged into KDE, the
34 > wheel worked.
38 > Hmm, interesting... Does the new xorg.conf still have the
39 >
40 > Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
41 >
42 > line in the ServerFlags section?
47 > Go figure.
48 >
49 > Dale
50 >
56 No mention of that at all. Since xorg-server is compiled with the -hal
57 USE flag, it shouldn't matter right? I dunno myself. I thought that
58 disabled hal if it is compiled with it or something to that effect. Of
59 course, I couldn't see any difference when I was testing with it. It
60 didn't seem to "disable" hal either way for me.
61
62 Dale
63