From: Lin Xiao <xiaoliniess@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's happening with grub-install on GPT?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 06:56:26
1 On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 03:38:27 PM Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > So what the hell does grub-install do? How is my system able to boot
4 > into grub at all? And, most importantly, how do I boot Windows 8 from
5 > grub now?
6
7 Since your computer has EFI support, you can use EFI boot for both windows and
8 linux. It's still possible to boot windows from grub use chainloader, but you
9 can also choose to boot into windows or linux from EFI boot manager.So
10 chainloader is not necessary.
11
12 You can find useful information here
13 http://www.rodsbooks.com/