From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo on xbox
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:54:24
1 On Jan 31, 2008 9:22 AM, KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > >
4 > Hi, well, I do have an old XBox. I already changed the bios: This is
5 > done by a combination of cromwell and raincoat flasher.
6 > You can run any file system supported by linux. This should not be a
7 > problem any longer.
8 > Thanks for the google hint.
9 >
10 > Right now I am having trouble booting my new installed system. This is
11 > because I don't really understand the syntax from linuxboot.cfg Well
12 > I'll search the web for this.
13 >
14 Sounds good, but it also sounds like the problem I ran into when I
15 used ext3 for my boot partition and found that BIOS couldn't read it.
16 Remember, BIOS has to have hardware support for whatever partition
17 grub and the kernel reside on. After the kernel is in memory you can
18 do much more but that first step is a requirement.
19
20 Report back when you get it running. I have a couple of old XBoxes
21 here that would be nice to make some use of.
22
23 FYI - when I did this project it was to use the XBox as a MythTV frontend.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Mark
27 --