From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] qt3support: only in /etc/make.conf, never in /etc/portage/package.use
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 01:23:27
1 I probably shouldn't admit this in public, but I've been fighting with
2 Portage over qt3 support for a long time (at least a year). I was
3 constantly being told by Portage to either enable or disable the
4 qt3support use flag for some package or other. I usually just gave up
5 and uninstalled all of the apps that needed qt3 support (until I
6 needed that app the next time -- then the fight started all over
7 again).
8
9 After stumbling around this issue on several machines for way too
10 long, I finally stumbled across the solution: don't enable/disable
11 qt3support on a per-package basis. If you want qt3support put it in
12 /etc/make.conf. Despite the fact that portage will tell you to enable
13 qt3support for package XYZ, doing just that won't work.
14
15 Perhaps this sounds obvious, but it sure took me a long time to figure
16 it out...
19 Grant