From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't restart or stop openvpn: it is "already started, but inactive"
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:44:39
1 I've got a couple different openvpn client configurations set up, and
2 if the fail to connect, the client apparently dies and then there's no
3 way to stop or restart it. There is no openvpn process running.
4 There is no PID file. Yet rc-server insists that it's "already
5 started". Why is it saying that?
6
7 There must be something short of a reboot that will allow me to
8 restart a failed openvpn client?
9
10 # rc-service openvpn.wr7 stop
11 * Stopping openvpn.wr7 ...
12 * VPNPID='/var/run/openvpn.wr7.pid' [ !! ]
13 * ERROR: openvpn.wr7 failed to stop
14
15 # rc-service openvpn.wr7 start
16 * WARNING: openvpn.wr7 has already started, but is inactive
17
18 # ls /var/run/openvpn*
19 ls: cannot access '/var/run/openvpn*': No such file or directory
20
21 # ps ax | grep openvpn
22 10127 pts/2 S+ 0:00 grep --colour=auto openvpn
23 #
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Gibble, Gobble, we
28 at ACCEPT YOU ...
29 gmail.com