From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Symlinking /usr/portage/distfiles
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:37:32
1 On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:16, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > My distfiles is getting quite big and I was thinking of symlinking it
5 > to another partition (just as a temporary solution until I find the
6 > time to re-partition my hard drive). I know I could just delete what I
7 > don't use, but I hope to keep them until the planned reinstall of
8 > Gentoo, so that I can use at least part of the 1.1 GiB (my bandwith is
9 > limited).
10 >
11 > Can symlinking /usr/portage/distfiles (and even /usr/tmp/portage) to
12 > directories on another ext2 partition hurt Portage? Are there any
13 > common pitfalls to this procedure? Are the rights on these directories
14 > preserved at the next mount or do I also have to edit fstab?
15
16 Do you know that you can use eclean to remove obsolete/older versions of
17 source files from your /usr/portage/distfiles directory? Alternatively, you
18 can just select and rm some of these manually to save some space.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick