From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: make oldconfig
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 22:00:51
1 On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:35:43 +0000 (UTC)
2 james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier <at> googlemail.com> writes:
7 > > In the case you run menuconfig oldconfig is not needed. I did so
8 > > myself in the past. Now i simply run just oldconfig, because you
9 > > have a better control of what has changed between the versions.
10 > > After oldconfig menuconfig is not needed one of them will suffer.
13 > Thanks for all the input.
14 > I do agree that oldconfig and menuconfig are not both
15 > needed.
16 >
17 > That said, I'll stick with menuconfig....
18
19 FWIW, I use oldconfig, which usually goes very quickly. Then if there
20 was a prompt I wasn't really clear on, I google a little and make any
21 needed changes with menuconfig.
24 »Q«
25 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.