From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] urxvt gets colorblind...at least somehow...
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 13:38:53
1 Hi,
2
3 ( ...polishing my new root now... )
6 I got a somehow non-linear problem with my new root:
7
8 My $TERM shows xterm-256color in both cases.
9 I have no $HOME/.Xresources file installed.
10
11 My $HOME is on a separate partition so it does not
12 change between old and new root as it will be mounted
13 on /home in both cases. So the configuration user-wise
14 should change in either case.
15
16 Starting vim (not gvim!) in urxvt lead to an monochrome editor with
17 colorscheme "zenburn" -- which works fine on my old root.
18
19 Using colorscheme "default" produces a colored output (but dont now,
20 whether only a subset of colors is displayed and whether the colors
21 are correct - i.e. whether what is displayed in red should be displayed in red)
22
23 Manpages are monochrome.
24
25 While googling I found this:
26 https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/6010/colored-man-pages-not-working-on-gentoo
27
28 Test 2 and Test 3 of the first answer fail on my new AND my old root.
29
30 According to the answer "sometyhing is wrong with my terminal
31 settings" which is only a little bit more specific than "something
32 is wrong"
33
34 Hmmmm...
35
36 It seems that I missed a certain step while setting up my new root....
37
38 I compared the output of "env" in both cases and found nothing
39 really enlightening...
40
41 How can I fix that?
42
43 Thank you very much in advance for any help ! :)
44
45 Cheers
46 Meino