From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:11:28
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:38:13 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> tune2fs -m 1 /dev/data/data1
5 >>
6 >> Which is where the ext4 file system is on the LVM. After I run that
7 >> then I can expand LVM from there, I hope it works that easy.
8 >
9 > It does.
14 Apparently I am missing something then. I looked at cfdisk for the
15 drive. It reported right at 750Gb as it should with the change. Thing
16 is, I can't get anything else to add it or to even show it is available.
17 Some results somewhat shortened:
18
19 From cfdisk
20
21 750156.38Mb
22
23 root@fireball / # pvs
24 PV VG Fmt Attr PSize PFree
25 /dev/sdc1 data lvm2 a-- 698.63g 0
26 root@fireball / # vgs
27 VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree
28 data 1 1 0 wz--n- 698.63g 0
29 root@fireball / # lvs
30 LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy% Convert
31 data1 data -wi-ao 698.63g
32 root@fireball / #
35 So, cfdisk is happy with the change but nothing else seems to see it.
36 What am I missing here? Where did the 50Gbs go to?
37
38 Dale
39
43 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
44 how you interpreted my words!
45
46 Miss the compile output? Hint:
47 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"