From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wrong time on reboot. Not a CMOS battery problem.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:41:16
1 Hello Everyone,
2
3 I am facing a very annoying problem with my system clock. Here is what is
4 happening.
5
6 I manually set correct time using sites like worldtimezone.com. Then, I
7 shutdown the system and boot after a few hours. What I see is that Gentoo
8 sets the system time to the same one at which I halted it. For example if I
9 shutdown 4 hours ago at 14:00 hrs and boot at 18:00 hrs, it will still set
10 the time to 14:00 hrs instead of the correct time.
11
12 The CMOS battery is fine. I can say this because if I enter the BIOS (after 4
13 hours reboot) it shows the correct time. I start a Live CD, it shows the
14 correct time as well, but when I start Gentoo it sets the wrong system time
15 or as mentioned in example: "4 hours back". It writes the time it was
16 shutdown on, over the BIOS Clock instead of reading from it. How can I solve
17 it? How can I force Gentoo to read from the BIOS Clock at the time of boot,
18 instead of writing it. If it helps, here is my /etc/conf.d/clock.
19
20 ---------------------------------
21 # /etc/conf.d/clock
22 CLOCK="local"
23 CLOCK_OPTS=""
24 CLOCK_SYSTOHC="no" (have tried both yes and no)
25 SRM="no"
26 ARC="no"
28
29 I am not using ntp or any other such softwares because I don't have an all
30 time working Internet Connection.
31
32 I would be greatful if someone could help me solve this weird problem.
35 Regards,
36 Abhay