From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:34:24
1 On Saturday 09 April 2016 11:12:51 Mick wrote:
2 > I noticed today that Plasma 5 is now stable, which means I will soon have
3 > to deal with it.
4
5 I saw that too, and it cast a gloom over the rest of my day. I intend to stick
6 with KDE-4 until some more sensible themes become available in Plasma 5, so I
7 hope someone will be keeping an archive of KDE-4 somewhere, as in the earlier
8 case of KDE 3 -> 4.
9
10 Last time I searched for Plasma 5 themes (or design methods, in case I might
11 be able to create my own) I came up empty handed. My objection to the
12 available one is that it's just ugly: acres of wasted space everywhere, and
13 great blocks of solid colour, some of which are actually buttons without
14 looking like them. Nothing subtle or sophisticated about it at all.
15
16 If anyone can point me to a better theme I'll be grateful.
19 Rgds
20 Peter