From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wayland assorted problems
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 21:40:24
1 On 17/11/2021 20:59, Wol wrote:
2 > On 17/11/2021 19:13, Marco Rebhan wrote:
3 >> On Sunday, 14 November 2021 23:51:37 CET Wol wrote:
4 >>> I'm still trying to get Wayland to work reliably. At the moment I log
5 >>> in at a TTY, then fire it up with "startplasma-wayland" ... except it
6 >>> doesn't start properly!
7 >>
8 >> Have you tried starting it with "dbus-run-session startplasma-wayland"?
9 >> IIRC that's needed and it won't start correctly without, at least I
10 >> start it that way on my system.
11 >>
12 > I'll try that (again) but I know first time round I was trying all sorts
13 > of ways, and it probably included that, and didn't seem to have any effect.
14 >
15 Well, just tried starting wayland again (my system locked up so I had to
16 reboot), and wayland won't start. With or without dbus-run-session.
17
18 Weirdly, I've noticed it seems to start working after a kernel upgrade,
19 and then won't start again after a reboot or two ... WHY!?!?
20
21 Cheers,
22 Wol