From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to mount a bad disk
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 03:19:59
1 Mark Kirkwood wrote:
2 > sean wrote:
3 >> I have a Windows XP driver here that belongs to a friend that just
4 >> crashed.
5 >>
6 >> I am trying to figure out if there is some way I can force the drive to
7 >> mount on my system so that I can get some data off it for her.
8 >>
9 >> Not having much luck, would anyone have any tips as to how I might be
10 >> able to make this happen?
11 >
12 > What happened when you tried to mount it (and is it formatted NTFS or
13 > FATXX)?
14 >
15 > If the disk has real errors (i.e bad sectors as opposed to
16 > software/windows problems), then app-forensics/autopsy might get the
17 > important user data off.
18 >
19 > Cheers
20 >
21 > Mark
22
23 Tried to mount it as NTFS.
24
25 Not familiar with this software, will have to check it out.
26
27 Thanks
28 Sean
29 --