From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing ext3 Partition
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:37:44
1 on Monday 05/04/2009 Mick(michaelkintzios@×××××.com) wrote
2 > On Monday 04 May 2009, John covici wrote:
3 > > on Monday 05/04/2009 Philipp Riegger(lists@××××××××××××.de) wrote
4 >
5 > > > > You'd be amazed how much junk collects in /var/log/portage over time
6 > > >
7 > > > Or in /var/log. Logrotate helps there and /var/log/portage can be
8 > > > cleaned up by a script that compresses everything older than 1 day (the
9 > > > test helps not to "disturb" a running portage or get ugly split logs).
10 > >
11 > > What I would really like to do is get rid of everything except the
12 > > most recent compile of each program in /var/log/portage -- anyone have a
13 > > script to do that?
14 >
15 > Check man emerge and read (carefully) --clean --depclean and --prune options.
16 > Use any of these judiciously because you can easily hose your box (if you get
17 > rid of your compiler for example).
18 > --
19 > Regards,
20 > Mick
21
22 I was only talking about getting rid of log files in /var/log/portage
23 where it keeps a record of each build of every program. Seems to me
24 only the most recent one is significant.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici