From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] error while loading shared libraries: libdc1394_control.so.9
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:45
1 Richard Watson wrote:
2 > I'm trying to run a script to convert avi files to vob. I'm getting an
3 > error I can't track down. I know the script works as I have another
4 > Gentoo box that runs it fine. The error is:
5 >
6 > "ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libdc1394_control.so.9:
7 > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
10 > I ran emerge -s libdc which shows I have media-libs/libdc1394
11 > Latest version available: 1.0.0
12 >
13 > Any ideas? Thanks, Richard
18 You should run revdep-rebuild after updates. It's also a good idea to run "emerge -a depclean" before revdep-rebuild and add depclean packages to /var/lib/portage/world if you want to keep them.
19
20 Zac
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list