From: "Tomáš Krasničan" <krasko@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Default profile question
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:24:17
1 Hi,
2
3 you can manage your /etc/make.profile symlink by eselect (emerge -av
4 eselect) tool.
5
6 "Eselect is a tool for administration and configuration on Gentoo
7 systems. It provides consistent interface and tool names."
8
9 eselect profile list - lists available profiles on your system
10 eselect profile set <num> - select a profile for portage to use
13 CJoeB wrote / napísal(a):
14 > Hi all,
15 >
16 > I just did an emerge --sync and when I did 'emerge --pretend --update
17 > --deep world', I got told that my profile was deprecated.
18 >
19 > I was told to run the following steps:
20 >
21 > # cd /etc/
22 > # rm make.profile
23 > # ln -s ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/x86/2008.0 make.profile
26 > I just want to make sure that if I do this, nothing will get broken or
27 > if there are any "gotchas". If anyone has some words of wisdom, I would
28 > appreciate it.
29 >
30 > Thanks in advance.
31 >