From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:37:15
1 In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 16 August 2011 02:48:30 Michael Mol wrote:
3 >
4 > I have a midget server on the LAN (Atom N270) which runs Gentoo, but it's
5 > too underpowered to do all the compiling itself, so it NFS-exports its
6 > packages directory to my workstation, where I have a 32-bit chroot set up as
7 > an image of the Atom. Emerging is done here, making the packages available
8 > for installation on the Atom. This is a cumbersome operation though.
9
10 That's interesting. I run a SheevaPlug with Gentoo onboard. It runs at
11 1.2G and has half a G of memory. I have no trouble compiling gentoo on
12 this little server. It works as a file server, backup server, web
13 server and portage server (distfiles and portage sync for the gentoos on
14 my network).
15
16 Is ARM more efficient than the intel atom?
19 Regards,
20 Gregory.