From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox in headless configuration broken after update: delayed echo [ RESOLVED, kinda ]
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 20:16:01
1 On 06/10/20 15:19, n952162 wrote:
2 >
3 > I updated my system and now characters typed into vbox over ssh are
4 > not echo-ed until *after* a CR is entered.
5 >
6 > I diffed the stty output, to see if I could spot anything:
7 >
8 > 10~>cat /tmp/sttydiff
9 > 2,3c2,3
10 > <  rows 37
11 > <  columns 100
12 > ---
13 > >  rows 44
14 > >  columns 88
15 > 21d20
16 > <  discard = ^O
17 > 23c22,23
18 > < min = 1
19 > ---
20 > > discard = ^O
21 > >  min = 1
22 > 30c30
23 > < hupcl
24 > ---
25 > > -hupcl
26 > 36c36
27 > < brkint
28 > ---
29 > > -brkint
30 > 48,49c48,49
31 > < imaxbel
32 > < iutf8
33 > ---
34 > > -imaxbel
35 > > -iutf8
36 >
37 > Also, the font seems to be screwed up, because the last line of the
38 > window only shows the top half of the line.
39 >
40 > Anybody else encounter this or know what's wrong?
41 >
42 > Vbox seems to work okay when run locally, on the machine it's
43 > installed on.
47 I think this is resolved, kinda.
48 I just discovered that if I turn off the vbox menu bar, the command
49 entry line works properly again, both in X-less console mode and in X.
50     Settings -> User Interface -> Enable menu bar (disable this)
51
52 I've always had that menu bar, and need it, so something got
53 changed/broken, and I still have a problem, but at least now I don't
54 have to enter commands in blindly.