From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot reinstall ffmpeg since new cpu flags
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:38:20
1 02.02.2015 0:24 пользователь "Mike Gilbert" <floppym@g.o> написал:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
4 wrote:
5 > > 2015-02-01 21:44 GMT+03:00 Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>:
6 > >> Hi,
7 > >
8 > > Hello
9 > >
10 > >> I have installed the new CPU_FLAGS_X86, as "cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86"
11 > >> told me: CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3"
12 > >
13 > > "cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86" isn't telling to turn on all these flags
14 > > unconditionally but only those that are included in "USE" in
15 > > make.conf.
16 >
17 > Where did you get that silly idea? cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86 tells you
18 > exactly what to put in make.conf based on your host CPU.
19
20 Ok. It tells me what _could_ be put in the new variable in make.conf. But
21 make.conf existed before this new variable. And what flags existed in it -
22 it's a separate question. If one wants to keep 'status quo', he should only
23 duplicate those cpu flags whis were in USE to this new variable. If some
24 cpu flag wasn't in USE, he shouldn't add it to the new variable.
27 Regards,
28 Alex