From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] How to be a penguin.
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 17:06:32
1 »Q« wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 May 2016 12:05:02 -0400
3 > Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I feel that my jackhammer script has been deliberately defeated.
6 > IMO, that's overly pessimistic. The script seems to be defeating
7 > portage pretty consistently, and that's clearly the job it was designed
8 > for.
9 >
10 >> It's getting to the point that I can't remember a time when running
11 >> emerge has not been a week-long ordeal.
12 > I wouldn't be satisfied with the jackhammer script until it's capable
13 > of creating at least a month-long ordeal each time. Then it will be
14 > ready to ship to all users.
15 >
16 > [Sorry, everybody, occasionally I just can't keep my fingers off the
17 > keys.]
22 Well, he has been told by just about everyone who bothers to reply that
23 his script is the problem not emerge. It's amazing how so many of us
24 use emerge all the time and generally it does what it is supposed to do
25 but for this Alan, it does something different.
26
27 What is also a surprise, Alan hasn't figured out that his script is the
28 problem. One thing about a jackhammer, it will tear up whatever you put
29 it on. His jackhammer script and methodology has sure done that for him.
30
31 Me, I'm going to town and find a air filter for my neighbors tiller.
32 That is something more productive. ;-)
33
34 Dale
35