From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers and vesa on GeForce 6100 nForce 400
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:42:30
1 Is it possible to get nvidia binary drivers working for an onboard
2 GeForce 6100 nForce 400? lspci doesn't recognise it:
3 00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Unknown device
4 03d2 (rev a2)
5
6 I saw it listed in _one_ nvidia-drivers package (on the nvidia website)
7 as supported, but it hasn't been since.
8
9 Also, when I try and boot with vesafb-tng, I get this error in the
10 kernel output:
11
12 vesafb: BUG, returned from vm86 with ffffffff (EIP: 0xc0fcc)
13 vesafb: warning, copying modelist from somewhere in RAM!
14 vesafb: Sorry, pre-VBE 2.0 cards are not supported.
15 vesafb: vbe_init failed
16 vesafb: probe of vesafb.0 failed with error -22
17
18 and a low 640x480 console resolution.
19
20 anyone else have the Gigabyte GAM61VME-S2 or the nforce 400?
21
22 thanks,
26 Anyone who has had a bull by the tail knows five or six more things
27 than someone who hasn't.
28 -- Mark Twain
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list