From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Solved, sorry for the noise] Package gl?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:11:06
1 On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:34:06PM -0500, Penguin Lover Willie Wong squawked:
2 > Oops, I just remembered that I can just look on my other gentoo server
3 > to find where gl is.... and this brings up a new problem!
4 >
5 > gl.pc is located in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gl.pc
6 > equery belongs tells me that it belongs to mesa.
7 >
8 > BUT, xorg-server-1.7.3.901-r1 has mesa as a PDEPEND, and mesa-7.7 has
9 > xorg-server as a RDEPEND, which is included in DEPEND, so how the heck
10 > am I supposed to get X working on my laptop?
11
12 Not my day. Keep forgetting to try the obvious solution.
13 Must have had too much boxing day cheers lastnight.
14
15 Not surprisingly, I was not the only one to notice the circular
16 dependency. The maintainers have already reverted the change that
17 resulted in the circle by the time I ran into the problems. I just
18 needed to re-sync.
19
20 Cheers,
21
22 W
23 --
24 Ferrets live by a code tried and true
25 From which humans can benefit, too.
26 Teach your sons and daughters
27 To do unto otters,
28 As otters would do unto you.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1115 days, 16:50