From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:40:17
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com>  wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>
7 >>> And if we should set python to 2.7, should we remove python-2.6?  I don't
8 >>> think we want to break something, portage in particular.  ;-)
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> I have no trace of python-2.6 on my system at this point and I'm
12 >> getting along just fine with 2.7 as my active python.
16 > Out of curiosity, how long you, or someone else, been using python 2.7?  You
17 > emerged a few packages with no issues so far?  I'm sort of skidish on
18 > anything other than minor updates to python.  If I mess it up, portage may
19 > bite me.  o_O  We all know a broken portage is not a good thing.
20
21 For about a week or two, no problems so far.
22
23 If you switch to 2.7 then run python-updater before removing 2.6, you
24 should be fine. If you take a binpkg of it first you can have some
25 extra peace of mind.