From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Regenerating package db
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 04:31:43
1 Dale a écrit :
2 > Xavier Parizet wrote:
3 >> Hi everyone,
4 >>
5 >> I had some problem with /var/db/pkg : it's empty. So, how can i fix this without
6 >> rebuilding world and system from scratch ?
7 >>
8 >> Thanks a lot for your help.
12 > I'm not sure but does emerge --metadata do this? You may want to man
13 > emerge and see if anything else can do what you want to.
14
15 Emerge --metadata is just updating the portage cache from the /var/db/pkg to
16 speedup dependencies calculation... I was thinking about doing an emerge
17 --pretend --empty world with some kind of sed/awk to get a list of what would
18 normally be installed on my system, but circular dependencies kill the idea in
19 the egg... because actually, portage think that nothing is installed on my system...
20
21 Any other idea ?
22
23 > Dale