From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screen Power down
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:16:35
1 On 02/06/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 6/2/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Also, I am not sure that completely removing the DPMS entry is the
4 > > same as adding "false" instead of "true". Worth trying it out .
5 >
6 > You can check quite quickly whether DPMS is enabled or not by running:
7 >
8 > xset -q
9 >
10 > You can also disable it manually with the xset command.
11
12 Very useful tip! I note two different settings on mine:
13 =============================
14 Screen Saver:
15 prefer blanking: yes allow exposures: yes
16 timeout: 600 cycle: 600
17 =============================
18
19 and
20 =============================
21 DPMS (Energy Star):
22 Standby: 1200 Suspend: 600 Off: 2400
23 DPMS is Enabled
24 Monitor is On
25 =============================
26
27 Where is Screen Saver set? I don't have anything in my xorg.conf . . .
28
29 <OT> Also a bit of an OT question (apologies to the OP): my mouse is a
30 bit jerky when I move it quickly in a straight line. The above query
31 shows:
32 =============================
33 Pointer Control:
34 acceleration: 2/1 threshold: 4
36
37 Is this normal? How do I control its jerkiness? </OT>
38 --
39 Regards,
40 Mick
41 --