From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eclipse plugin installation
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:24:11
1 Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I cant remember where in preferences it was but there is an option to
5 > change to "classic" update style, this works a treat and should solve
6 > your problem without having to go to overlay's and the like.
9 OK, I found -->Windows -->Preferences -->General -->Capabilities
10
11 and activated >Classic, >Developement and >Team
12
13 then hit apply.
14
15 That fixes the -->Help -->Software updates button.
18 all good.
22 But I still cannot seem to find/figure out how to install "C"
23
24 I get 2 buttons:
25
26 -->Help -->Software Updates
27
28 one yields: Cannot launch the Update UI. This installation has not
29 been configured properly for Software Updates.
30
31 The other one:
32 -->Help -->Software updates( is tabbed with 2 choices):
33
34 Find and install
35 and
36 Manage Configuration
39 Exploring every option under each button, neither show me plugin modules
40 to install?
43 Any help or a wiki is much appreciated. I'm just trying to install
44 C (CDT) at the moment, but other language supports is of interest
45 to me too.
48 James