From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Die, process! Die!
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:40:22
1 On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:01:12 -0600
2 Michael Sullivan wrote:
3
4 > I know my subject line is a little melodramatic, but this is really
5 > frustrating. I frequently have processes that killall doesn't kill
6 > and kill -9 <pid> doesn't touch. For instance, this is taken from
7 > top:
8
9 killall = kill
10 The only diff is: killall - kill processes by name
11
12 Maybe processes are in a state where signals could not be
13 delivered, and you must wait until that state change...
14
15 If you want to see what signals a process is waiting for, you could use
16 ps.
17
18 Cheers!
21 Arnau Bria
22 http://blog.emergetux.net
23 Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
24 Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
25 Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list