From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: android and mtp
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 05:28:11
1 On 12/23/2012 03:22 PM, luis jure wrote:
2 > well, it seems i have been very lucky indeed. i just emerged jmtpfs as per
3 > mark's suggestion, and it just worked. i just created a /media/galaxy
4 > directory, and an entry in fstab (like yours, but with jmtpfs instead of
5 > mtpfs) and that was it. now i can simply mount /media/galaxy.
6 >
7 > and the best, for those of you using xfce and thunar, in the "multimedia"
8 > tab of preferences -> advanced -> volume manager, i clicked the "portable
9 > music players" check box, and added the command "mount /media/galaxy/".
10 > now when i connect my phablet it is automatically mounted, and i can
11 > umount/eject it from thunar. couldn't be easier, a perfect solution for my
12 > needs!
15 > best,
18 > lj
21 I just removed mtpfs and installed jmtpfs from the poly-c overlay, in
22 order to get access to my external SD card in my new Galaxy S3. It was
23 far easier to get to work than mtpfs - and so far jmtpfs hasn't
24 segfaulted yet. Apparently mtpfs only sees the internal SD and not the
25 external one.
26
27 Trying to get some music on there so I can bring my bluetooth speaker to
28 work so I have something to listen to while I work.
29
30 It's just me so I don't care too much about automounting, I just put an
31 entry in /etc/fstab and mount it manually when I need to update something.
32
33 Dan