From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:58:32
1 William Kenworthy writes:
2
3 > On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 18:30 -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4
5 > > My laptop has used dracut since months ago, and suspends/resumes just
6 > > fine, as it does my media center.
7
8 > Genkernel doesnt, bugs and work arounds on gentoo bugzilla, with angry
9 > comments from a dev that it wont be supported and to not file bugs for
10 > it - now that dev has moved on I dont know if enough has changed to test
11 > the waters and file a bug again.
12 >
13 > Its missing a hook in the initrd to call the binary that starts the
14 > resume process.
15
16 Huh? I don't use this at the moment, because suspend-to-ram is enough for
17 me, but it (that is, the initramfs part) used to work just fine out of the
18 box for me, also opening my LUKS-encrypted root volume being on LVM. It
19 also seemed to work on another Gentoo PC I installed recently, although
20 TuxOnIce itself does not work so the resume fails. Argh, this suspend to
21 disk stuff NEVER really worked for me, and I tried for years on different
22 systems.
23
24 Wonko