From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the details of Council Meeting
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:26:26
1 On Sonntag, 8. Juni 2008, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
5 > > 080608 Chuanwen Wu wrote:
6 > >> We try to translate the GMN to our local language,
7 > >> but I found it was really hard to understand the section
8 > >> of "Council Meeting Summary", for example:
9 > >> "The appeals will *not* be decided then
10 > >> -- it's about figuring out the validity and the process."
11 > >> ----what "validity" and "process" is?
12 > >
13 > > "What we should be doing in all cases & how it would be best to do it,
14 > > rather than deciding what to do about this particular person,
15 > > who has been disciplined & has appealed to have his case reviewed" :
16 > > it is poorly expressed & not clear even to a native speaker (wry smile).
17 >
18 > but I can't still see the relation between your reply and my question?
19 > From the paragraph:
20 >
21 > Enforced retirement: After 2.5 hours on the previous topics, people
22 > had to go to sleep and jokey's computer broke. Instead of waiting till
23 > the next regular meeting, because of its urgency, we scheduled a
24 > special session next week at the same time. The appeals will *not* be
25 > decided then -- it's about figuring out the validity and the process.
26 >
27 > I know the meeting once stopped and was rescheduled, and then ?
28
29 It is all about 'how to deal with appeals'
30 and
31 'are the appeals even valid'
32
33 It got 'rescheduled' and then nothing happened, that is why we have elections
34 of a new council soon .
37 > >> "105 minutes were closed and 57 were open" ----- what is "57"?
38 > >
39 > > Minutes : what else ?!
40 >
41 > You mean the new meeting continued 105 minutes and then 57 minutes again?
42
43 no. That 105 minutes were 'closed' - only council members could speek. And 57
44 minutes were 'open' - everybody was allowed to speek.
48 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list