From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, bigfish@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting into kdm but not using kde
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 11:39:56
1 From: "Richard Fish" <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting into kdm but not using kde
3 Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 04:15:26 -0700
4
5 > On 9/2/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
6 > > x:a:once:/etc/X11/startDM.sh # last line
7 >
8 > FYI, this script only does something if
9 > /var/lib/init.d/options/xdm/service exists. So I suspect you simply
10 > forgot to also:
11 >
12 > rc-update -a xdm default
13 >
14 > Yes, you want kdm, but xdm is a generic script that tells init to
15 > actually start your chosen DM for you.
16 >
17 > -Richard
18 > --
19 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
22 Hi Richard !
23
24 solfire:/root>rc-update -a xdm default
25 * xdm already installed in runlevel 'default'; skipping
26 solfire:/root>
31 solfire:/root>/var/lib/init.d/options/xdm/service
32 zsh: no such file or directory: /var/lib/init.d/options/xdm/service
33 solfire:/root>
37 I looked at /var/lib/init.d/options
38 but it is empty.
39
40 So I think, somewhere a script was badly ended or incompletely
41 executed or whatever...
42
43 Any idea how to retrun to GENCON 1 ? :)
44
45 Keep hacking!
46 mcc
47 --