From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confusing Portage Outcomes
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:34:23
1 On Wed, 21 May 2014 13:02:46 -0400
2 Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all. I made the following in /etc/portage/make.conf
5 > #ACCEPT_LICENS="*"
6 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
7 > Save and exit.
8 > To double check, I ran:
9 > #emerge --info | grep -i accept
10 > ACCEPT_LICENSES="* -@EULA"
11 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
12 > The way it looks, the file just appended what I want to the Portage
13 > default. As far as the keywords variable is concerned, that will cause
14 > issues. Do I need to negate the defaults with the -?
15
16 ACCEPT_LICENSES is commented out; so, yes, it'll use the default.
17
18 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS I think that ~x86 includes, similar to how maintainers
19 specify KEYWORDS="x86" and not KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86" in their ebuilds;
20 I'm not entirely sure, but I think that would be the case.
21
22 You can check with something like ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~x86"
23 which might result in something that lists all the stable ones as well.
24
25 Negating x86 with - could be a possible solution; however, I wonder if
26 that's what you want as some packages have only stable versions.
29 With kind regards,
30
31 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
32 Gentoo Developer
33
34 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
35 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
36 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D