From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [off topic] Opteron CPU missing chips on the bottom
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:13:34
1 Taiidan@×××.com wrote:
2 > On 01/30/2018 09:43 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 13:51:31 GMT Taiidan@×××.com wrote:
5 >>> I purchased a used g34 opteron off of fleabay (sold as working with no
6 >>> mention of this) and I noticed that it is missing some of the bits on
7 >>> the bottom
8 >> Do you mean the pins that mate with the socket?
9 >>
10 >>> ... and that most of them are crooked,
11 >> Send it back! Don't even touch it. Any attempt to straighten a pin
12 >> will snap
13 >> it off, as like as not.
14 > Not the pins (which on socket g34 are on the motherboard)
15 >
16 > It is the little IC components on the bottom of the CPU.
21 Could you attach a photo or a link to one?  Maybe seeing it wouold help.
22
23 Dale
24