From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] Running Gentoo in VirtualBox
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 19:40:35
1 I'm using Gentoo as a server (so it runs 24/7) Apache, Asterisk, Hylafax
2 etc.
3
4 What are my chances to run Gentoo as a VirtualBox?
5
6 Installing Gentoo takes me 2-3 days (basic setup min., I don't do it
7 every month so I have to go through Gentoo handbook); to configure it
8 the way I want it takes another week or two.
9
10 So I was thinking, if I run Windows 10 and configure Gentoo as a
11 virtual box it might be easier to transfer it from one system to
12 another, in case there is a HD failure (like it just happened to me
13 yesterday).
14
15 Any input will be appreciated.
16 I know I might have problem with Serial port and receiving faxes via
17 HylaFax as they are time sensitive.
20 Joseph