From: Marco <listworks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless not working anymore
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:57:48
1 On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:29:22 +0200, Marco wrote:
3 >
4 >> after some updating (emerge --sync and emerge --update --deep world,
5 >> etc.) my wirelss card does not work anymore.
6 >
7 > What did you update? Telling us you updated wporld means nothing, it just
8 > tells us that one of the unknown packages you updated may have broken
9 > something. Use genlop or qlop to produce a list of the exact packages
10 > installed.
11
12 I installed a file containing the output of 'qlop -l'
13
14 >> iwl3945: iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode firmware file req failed: Reason -2
15 >> iwl3945: Could not read microcode: -2
16 > [snip]
17 >> Some research on 'SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory' showed that
18 >> this is often caused by missing firmware for the wireless card. But
19 >> net-wireless/iwl3945-ucode is installed on my system.
20 >
21 > You may have it installed, but it is either in the wrong place or an
22 > incompatible version as the kernel cannot load it.
23
24 How can I find out about that? Where should it be located?
27 Regards,
28 Marco

qlop.list application/octet-stream