From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild wants to downgrade packages!
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:23:26
1 On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:33:10 -0400, John covici wrote:
2
3 > Hi. I just emerged the firefox 3.0 which required a new version also
4 > of xulrunner. Now if I run revdep-rebuild, it wants to downgrade both
5 > of these packages.
6
7 xulrunner is slotted, so you may need 1.8 and 1.9 installed. Packages
8 built with -xulrunner in USE generally depend on firefox2, so make sure
9 you have xulrunner in your global USE flags, and no -xulrunner entries
10 in /etc/portage/package.use.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Portable: Survives system reboot.