From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Garbage in /tmp or /var/tmp
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:16:04
1 080414 forgottenwizard wrote:
2 > On 03:58 Mon 14 Apr , Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Vim defaults to keeping temporary files in /var/tmp ,
4 >> but Mutt defaults to /tmp & Vim called by Mutt does the same.
5 >> Recently, I changed the default in .muttrc to use /var/tmp instead
6 >> & as a result I can happily have /tmp cleared at every reboot,
7 >> which reminds me, I need to delete many /var/tmp/mutt-* ... (smile).
8 > Off-topic, I know, but can you post how to do this?
9
10 It doesn't seem OT to me (smile): in ~/.muttrc include the line
11
12 set tmpdir="/var/tmp"
13
14 Vim otherwise continues to keep its .swp files
15 in the same dir as the file it's editing; only Mutt is affected,
16 but you are guaranteed recovery of an e-mail being edited during a crash.
17
18 To set the system to clear /tmp at boot,
19 edit /etc/conf.d/bootmisc to include the line
20
21 WIPE_TMP="yes"
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list