From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge custom notes reminders
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 18:25:51
1 On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:11:05 -0500, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > > Is there a way to add custom notes reminders during emerge or after?
6 > What kind of reminders? Perhaps we could have a developer add some
7 > encouraging messages to various packages, or maybe some news items? I
8 > know I could use some encouragement.
9
10 You can add functions to ebuilds in /etc/portage/env/cat/pkg, something
11 like
12
13 post_pkg_postinst() {
14 elog "Say goodbye to your config file!"
15 }
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Just when you got it all figured out: An UPGRADE!