From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: lists@×××××.at
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:23:18
1 On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 16.08.2011 19:06, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >> In all my computers (i.e., not the two desktops at uni, since they are
5 >> not "mine") I use systemd (which thankfully has entered the portage
6 >> tree)
7 >
8 > systemd sounds like a nice-to-have project for me.
9
10 It certainly was for me.
11
12 > Which howto did you follow, what do you recommend me to read to start
13 > using it (with gentoo, sure) ?
14
15 I think it mostly works out-of-the-box right now, you unmask whatever
16 needs unmasking and keyword whatever needs keywording, emerge it, and
17 put init=/bin/systemd in grub or lilo and that's it. I *think*, I
18 could be wrong. I think Michał (Górny) did a good job keeping the
19 introduction of systemd into the portage tree as uninrusive as
20 possible, so you can go back to OpenRC whenever you want.
21
22 Regards.
23 --
24 Canek Peláez Valdés