From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] weird behaviour - unable to connect to wireless router
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:39:20
1 Fernando Meira wrote:
2
3 > I been trying to connect my laptop to a wireless router but without success.
4 > The router is a common Linksys WRT54G. My pcmcia card is also a Linksys
5 > WPC54G.
6 > I am now using a new driver (bcm43xx), instead of ndiswrapper, but I
7 > think the problem is not from that. I did use my card with this new
8 > driver successfully before.
9 > The problem arises at the authentication stage.
10 > Somehow, I can't associate or authenticate with the damn router.
11 > Although stupid, I've tried with encryption enable/disable, DHCP server
12 > enable/disable and many other things that I can change in the router setup.
13 > Nothing seems to work. I could almost say I've tried everything.
14 > With a ether cable, works fine!
15 > And there is other laptop (running windows) connected via wireless to
16 > the router without any problem.
19 This patch might help:
20 http://tinyurl.com/gxoc5
21