From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI-fails to boot
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:07:52
1 On 25/01/18 10:54, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > But when I boot without the USB-key inserted I always "lands" in the
3 > Built-in EFI Shell - NO sign of GRUB.
4 >
5 > Any suggestions where I have gone wrong?
6
7 Well, in your position I wouldn't be trying to load grub. I've got a new
8 mobo (with a Ryzen 3 :-) but that won't POST at the moment, so I'm going
9 to be in your position very soon building a new UEFI system.
10
11 But what I think you're supposed to do is use UEFI to load the linux
12 kernel directly ... not sure how you do that yet :-)
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol