From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] get rid of xf86-video-* drivers
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:38:01
1 On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:43:42AM -0400, Penguin Lover Mike squawked:
2 > Erik Hahn wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> Please, disable HTML in your client or at least tell it to send a plain
5 >>>> text version as well. I see hardly readable raw HTML code in mutt.
6 >
7 > You may want to add this line to muttrc:
8 >
9 > auto_view text/html
12 That doesn't always help: I've been griping about this on my local TUG
13 list just recently. Some (web)mail clients, when sending HTML
14 mails, uses some sort of funky graphics/CSS formatting to denote
15 quotes, and sometimes they even strip the quote marks ('>') that sane
16 mail clients insert and replace them with their funky graphics.
17
18 I complained to my local TUG this time because some guy responded an
19 e-mail 6 or 7 level down in a thread and auto_view + dumping of html
20 by lynx makes the quotes completely disappear, and the discussion
21 becomes completely impossible to follow!
22
23 Besides: if one is already using the bandwidth to send mail in HTML,
24 why not make it MIME-multipart with a plain text version included too?
25
26 (BTW, the above gripe is not directed at anyone on this list in
27 particular, rather is an anecdote to illustrate a point.)
28
29 W
30 --
31 "I assume you've all done stationary phase integrals...right?"
32 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
33 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 671 days, 20:11