From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mysteriously dismounting partition
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:36:12
1 On Tuesday 27 October 2015 15:16:26 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > If a disk is umounted/removed, something needs to be logged somewhere.
4 > Might even be a comment from the scsi-subsystem or the SATA driver.
5 >
6 > I usually only grep the log to try to find specific messages.
7 > If I know the time-period something weird happened in, I tend to go through
8 > the unfiltered log for that period.
9
10 I have been scanning dmesg and /var/log/messages by eye and not noticed
11 anything. I'll keep doing it though.
14 Rgds
15 Peter