From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6.14-gentoo-r4/nvidia
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:11:11
1 While trying to eliminate another problem, I built a new kernel, booted to it
2 and unmerged and emerged nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx. I then started X. So
3 far, so good. I tried to open a konsole and got pty permission errors. I
4 rebooted to my 2.6.5 kernel, did some research and emerged udev
5 (/usr/src/linux points to the new kernel.)
6 I then rebooted the new kernel and can not start X I get errors saying it
7 can't load the nvidia module. Do I need to creat a device node for the nvidia
8 card? A little help here or a point in the right direction.
9
10 Odd thing is, I didn't need to unmerge/remerge the nvidia pakages for 2.6.5 to
11 run X in this kernel.
12 --
13 Regards, Ernie
14 100% Microsoft and Intel free
15
16 18:49:08 up 7 min, 2 users, load average: 0.26, 0.37, 0.18
17 Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list